Repeat Supplies of Medicine
Patients on regular medication from their GP or hospital clinic do not always need to see the doctor for a repeat of their medication. You will be issued with a computer slip attached to your prescription, detailing your medication and we ask that you bring this re-order form to the surgery for your repeat medication.
Please allow 2-5 whole working days before collection. The 2 working days starts when we receive your instruction during a normal working day and does not start when you instruct a local pharmacy or put a prescription counterfoil through our letterbox if we are closed.
You may elect for the chemist of your choice or Pharmacy2u, to collect your prescription. If you would like us to post the prescription back to you please enclose a stamped addressed envelope and allow one week.
You will be asked to see the doctor at regular intervals for a check-up.
For safety reasons requests cannot be accepted by telephone as this may lead to mistakes. Some drugs have similar names and an error may easily occur.
- Please request your repeat prescription in good time, as sometimes delays cannot be helped
- Please remember that Doctors are only human, they cannot cure all your problems and illnesses.
Our policy is to use generic names wherever possible. Many companies produce the same product under different brand names. Generic names avoid confusion and are included in all labelling in smaller print under the brand name.
Ordering Repeat Prescriptions Online
You can also order your repeat prescriptions online. Please navigate to our Ordering Repeat Prescriptions Online page
Do you pay for your Prescriptions?
Prescriptions are free for:
- Men and women over sixty
- Pregnant women with a valid maternity certificate
- Children under sixteen or up to nineteen in full-time education
- Mothers of babies under twelve months
- People who receive income support (check list on Form P11 from Social Security or Post Office)
- People with family credit
- Certain chronic conditions
If you are not entitled to free prescriptions, a ‘season ticket’ may save you money. This is a pre-payment certificate, please ask Reception for details.